July 25, 2019
Dear Bennett Families,
Welcome to the 2019-2020 school year! In just a few short weeks, we will begin another amazing year at Bennett. I would like to welcome back all of our returning families and welcome those who are new to Bennett. This will be my seventh year as the Principal at Bennett and I truly mean it when I say there is no other school I would rather belong to. I know your year will be wonderful!
I know you are probably wondering about class lists. We plan to post them on Tuesday, August 13th at the end of the day. They will be posted in our library windows. So you don’t waste a trip to the school, please wait until after 4:00 to check. We like to wait to post class lists to make sure the students are all registered and lists are as up to date as possible before posting.
We have a few new teachers this year. Emily Dorr will be joining our 4th grade team replacing Mrs. Bulen who took time off to be with her new baby. In addition to our 5th grade team we have Racinda Godbold, Laurel Nagel, and Peggy Dippen. Sarah Shigemura (Ms. Shig) will be taking over the role of IB Coordinator/GT Teacher. And, Karie Wilson will be joining our IS Department.
In order to make the beginning to your year as easy as possible, please visit our website at https://ben.psdschools.org. It will be updated with all current information by August 14th. To get you started, here are some important beginning of the year dates:
- August 19th – Meet your teacher night from 4:00 - 5:00. Come drop off your supplies, get a popsicle and meet your teacher! (We understand that this time can be difficult for working families, but we do have to accommodate teacher’s work schedules. You are more than welcome to send the supplies with your student on the first day of school and meet the teacher on Back to School Night.)
- August 20th – First day of school
- August 27th – Back to School Night.
- Kindergarten staggered start: Please refer to your kindergarten information letter for your student’s exact start date..
Again, welcome to the 2019- 2020 school year. Please call the office at (970) 488-4750 if you have any questions and we will see you soon!
- Student Handbook
- Student Rights and Code of Conduct
- 2019-2020 PSD Bus Schedules and bussing information
- Student Breakfast and Lunches
- PSD Website
- Volunteer Opportunities
- BCO (Bennett Community Organization)
- 2019-2020 Supply List